Sunday, November 23, 2008

Piano Recital



We love Diana's piano teacher. Not only does she do a great job teaching piano, but she knows how to put on a recital. They're so different from the hours long nightmares I remember (and I'm sure my parents do, too!)as a kid. We meet at a local church at 10am. Everyone brings finger food to share. The teacher welcomes everyone, and the students get up one at a time, play their pieces, and it's over in about 20 minutes. (Steve reported that this fall's recital was three minutes shorter than last spring's. Maybe because one kid was sick.) Then we eat and visit. Yesterday we were out of there by about 10:40. It was great, and Diana did an awesome job. She played "Church Bells" and something else I can't remember. Check her out.

5 comments:

scottishval said...

Short but very very sweet.

CB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CB said...

I remember playing that song!!!! (In my short lived piano career...)

Sarri said...

Too cute! That sounds like my kind of recital!

Kendra said...

Nice job on the piano recital! It made me smile to see how fast Diana left the "stage" after her piece! Hope you had a Happy Turkey Day! xoxo