Friday, November 7, 2008

I must be insane.

You know, I've had an awful lot of free time lately. Feeling a little bored and restless. Not enough to do. What I need is another job, right? Mom of three, caregiver of six, half time middle school teacher, student teacher supervisor, clothing boutique salesgirl/barista...So, what do I say when the head of the ed department at Linfield asks me to teach a class next semester? You already know the answer. I said yes. Officially I'll be the instructor of EDU 280, Introductory Middle and High School Methods. Yikes. The course description says something about adolescent development, instructional strategies and classroom management. Sounds easy enough, right? Sure, now find a textbook, write a syllabus for a 15 week class, learn how to use CatNet, a Mac, a Kindle...double yikes. At least I've got until February to get it all figured out! Don't get me wrong. I'm really excited. I can't wait to meet my 10 sophomores for their first real ed class. Seriously, I must be insane.

3 comments:

Sarri said...

That is so exciting- I am jealous! (But in a happy for you kind of way!)

I'm probably insane too though . . .

Kendra said...

How fun! You know you can do it! Isn't this similar to what you and Beth you to teach or was that more hands-on? xoxo

scottishval said...

Have checked "sophomores" and Googled "Kindle". Got that sorted but Catnet still sounds to me like some protection for a baby in a pram, sorry a buggy!
Anyway, go for it!