Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Me!

In honor of my 39th birthday, here are 39 things I'm thankful for (in no particular oder):
1. a healthy family
2. three happy, beautiful, smart, caring girls
3. Steve, the best guy on earth
4. Mom and Dad, who are such a huge part of who I am
5. amazing inlaws
6. Ginger, the best dog ever
7. the Eitzens (all 5 of them, but don't tell John)
8. sixth graders (even the obnoxious ones)
9. Beth (time for boot shopping, by the way)
10. Mes Amies: clothes, coffee and only adults, need I say more?
11. coffee: coffee drinks, coffee shops, coffee drive thrus, coffee cake...
12. awesome colleagues
13. sunshine
14. chocolate in any form (just not white or with walnuts)
15. Susan and Dana, just about my oldest friends
16. Linfield, an amazing place to teach and learn
17. Scotland: Aunt Betty, Uncle Jimmy, Debbie, Alison and Stephen
18. new paint in our entry way and living room, finally!
19. automatic doors on the mini van
20. my big washer and dryer
21. great teachers
22. cheese: any kind
23. the playgroup moms! (What would I do without all of you?)
24. Steve doing the dishes
25. Scotland
26. the beach house
27. Kendra, the closest thing to a sister that I've got
28. Steve doing all the grocery shopping
29. the Internet
30. living in McMinnville
31. pedicures
32. good books
33. cosmos
34. moms' night out
35. peanut butter
36. cable tv
37. fantastic mentors: Ursula, Ann, Marilyn...
38. cell phones
39. 39 incredibly satisfying years

Phew! That was actually a million times easier than I thougt it would be. Happy Birthday, me.

4 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

Happy Birthday You!!!!! Yeah...btw, I would totally second all of your greatest things (minus all the people and places I don't know) but I love that coffee, pedicures, cell phones, internet and my hubby does the grocery shopping too!!!! Have a great b-day!

scottishval said...

Happy Birthday from me too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, YOU!! :) Hope your day is/was special (as you can see, I'm unsure of the exact day!).

I love the list...I may have to borrow that idea in Feb.

Kendra said...

I love your birthday thankful list! Such a touching idea! You brought tears to my eyes with your comment...I feel so grateful to have you in my life too! Lots of Love!