Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Afternoon from @#$%

11:30 take James and Abby from Duniway to get Happy Meals
12:00 meet with student teacher and cooperating teacher while James and Abby "eat"
1:30 at home, Abby sleeps while James and I "rest" (watch Nick Jr.)
2:28 drag sleeping Abby from bed to go to Columbus
2:35 (late) pick up Josh, Diana, Mary and Laura at school; drive home
2:45 leave six kids in the car in the garage while I get a bag of chips for their snack and grab Diana's piano books
2:59 (late) drop Josh off at Duniway so Allison can take him to get his gross finger looked at
3:02 (late) drop Diana off at her piano lesson
3:07 take James, Abby, Mary and Laura to play at "dragon park" during piano lesson
3:12 Abby gets a sliver the size of a tree trunk and won't stop screaming
3:13 James wets his pants, not just a little
3:14 Mary and Laura scream that we have to leave the park when "we just got here!"
3:15 leave the park with four seriously unhappy kids to go to the Eitzens for clean clothes and tweezers; people stare
3:21 dig around Allison's bathroom looking for tweezers while James changes; Mary and Laura take Mocha out to potty
3:25 find tweezers, Mary and Laura try to distract still screaming Abby with Bitty Baby while I dig siad tree trunk from Abby's finger
3:40 (late again) pick up Diana at piano lesson
3:47 make PB&J's because we've got soccer in an hour; occupy children with food
4:05 retell my lovely afternoon to Allison (who laughs) when she comes to get just stopped screaming Abby and James (in way too big jeans that don't stay up)
4:15 find shin guards, cleats and water bottles, shorts, soccer socks, t-shirts and hoodies
4:31 coax Mary to put shoes on because she doesn't want to go to her sisters' practice
4:42 load Mary's bike and helmet in the back of the van
4:47 send Diana to her practice at Discovery Meadows with Steve
4:55 (late) leave for Laura's practice at Duniway
5:03 sit in the van with the radio off for a whole hour while Mary does nine laps around the track and Laura hones her soccer skills; wonder what's for dinner in an hour...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a medal. Not only a cruddy afternoon but one with someone else's kids (practically your own, I know!). You held it together well, girl! :)

Allison said...

Although I do apologize for the large role my children played in this fun, fun day, I couldn't help but laugh out loud while I was reading this. Especially when I got the part about me laughing at you. I guess I can never pretend to be sympathetic person! At least I am empathetic!