Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow


Okay, confession time. I hate snow. I'm always cold anyway. I don't need to be colder. It's dirty and I don't like to be dirty. It messes up my plans and I don't like to have my plans messed up. It gets school cancelled and I like school and our school routine. The only good thing about snow is that it's pretty. I will admit that much. It is beautiful. To look at. From inside. Next to a fire with a hot drink. I've been looking at all my friends' blogs. They've got adorable pictures of snowmen, sledding and snowball fights. Me, I've got a slideshow (coming soon, I promise! As soon as I figure out how to get the stupid thing to upload correctly!) of us making cookies, a warm, dry, indoor, edible activity. Why? Because getting pictures of my kids doing aforementioned outside activities would require me to be out in the snow with them taking pictures. My girls love playing outside in the snow. There just won't be many photos of them doing it because I'll be in here keeping warm, washing and drying the latest load of wet, muddy mittens, hats, socks, pants and coats. Today after nine trips to deliver various snowman accessories to the front yard, I decided to join the girls. And guess what? I had a really good time. Pushing a gigantic snowball actually keeps you warm! Building snowmen takes cooperation. And you laugh. Especially when you put the way too big head on the way too small middle and the whole middle collapses making a really weird shaped snowman. We decided he was Frosty, the Snowghost. Luckliy, the girls had a good half hour head start on me so we were all cold, wet, muddy and tired at about the same time (15 minutes or so after I joined them). So, at least today, I'm a good mom who plays in the snow with her kids. And has pictures to prove it!

1 comment:

Paige Lomas said...

Way to be adventurous! Good for you! I bet your girls appreciated you! Do you think we will have one more snow day?