Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here we are!

Wifi is non existent in this old country, but we're at a friends' for lunch. They're letting us use their computer. The trip over was smooth and easy. We arrived no problem and are having a great time. My parents and Diana are tired from 10 very busy days in Spain so we've been taking it easy. That's given us a chance to recover from jet lag, too. Yesterday we spent at a local castle, built in the 1530's. The girls enjoyed the tour, especially the dungeon. The castle has a great park so we had lunch outdoors and the girls played. One little girl in line at the zip cord asked Diana where she was from. Diana told her America and the little girl replied, "Is that near London?" Steve is doing an amazing job driving, and we're all enjoying our big Mercedes, which was a free upgrade. Grocery shopping is an adventure, and everything is super expensive. Steve's gotten in one round of golf already and several more are planned. Our friends are all good; not as aged as I had feared. I'm sure I'll gain ten pounds from all the tea and baked treats we have everywhere we go. On our first day, Aunt Betty sent Mary "to the toilet" (meaning bathroom) to wash her hands. Mary's response, after a long pause, was, "Can I use the sink?" I'm hoping to have more computer access when we go up north next week. I've got lots of pictures I'd love to post. Take care, everyone! We miss you all!

3 comments:

CB said...

Thank goodness Diana didn't say she was from Oregon...the little girl would have really been confused!

Paige Lomas said...

Glad the twins are asking for some clarification! They are so smart! Tell Diana hello!!!! I am so proud of her (and you) for letting go and trusting her! Way to go Supermom! You are waaaay stronger than I and now you are all together. Look what you can do now???!!!!! Enjoy your vacation! (and really Steve...did he actually pack his clubs?) hee hee

scottishval said...

Great blog, Teresa. Ah wull luk et it tae fin oot whit ye ur aw daein.
By the way, am I correct in assuming that noone actually had your arm bent up your back forcing you to eat the baked treats?!!