Sunday, May 31, 2009

Close to Home

Anyone who knows me at all knows how much I love to travel. A friend teased me the other day that Steve should know better than to even mention a trip. I'm online planning before he finishes the sentence. It's important to me to always have the next adventure on the back burner. (Hello, NYC in October!) Today though, surprisingly, I enjoyed a new adventure right here in Mac. After a very lazy morning in pj's, a breakfast of homemade waffles with fresh strawberries, and a movie (If you haven't watched E.T. with your family yet, do it now! We got it at the library on DVD. I had forgotten what a great movie it is, and the girls LOVED it!) we headed all the way to Airport Park. It was beautiful and perfect! And right here. Last time I was there was in college for a late night sorority thing about 20 years ago, but that's a whole nother story...Tons of work has been done at the park. The trails are clear with fresh barkdust and new bridges. It's lush and green and cool. And so quiet! We could hardly believe we were minutes from home. It was completely the perfect afternoon walk on a sunny Sunday. We stopped for ice cream and hanging baskets for the backyard on the way home. Who knew you could have so much fun so close to home?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! I never managed to visit that park.
(sigh) I miss all those trees everywhere!

Sarri said...

Very fun! My dad loves to take the kids out there to explore.

P.S. I want to hear the story from college!