Friday, May 8, 2009

Abby

If you know me at all, you know how much I adore Abby. Today, while Mother's Day shopping at Walmart (I know, but Mom wants a hand mixer...), some pink princess crocks jumped into the shopping cart. Just her size. Sorry, John, they're definitely not Stride Rite. We'll keep them at our house so you never have to know. Abby's idea. For real. When we got home, she was eating her macaroni and cheese (who cares if she has it every day at my house?)and we had this conversation. I'm writing it moments after so I never forget it:

Abby: You knew me at my grandma's house before I was born.
Me: Yes, I did, Abby. In fact, I was the first one to hold you after you were born.
Abby: Really?
Me: Yes, and I loved it.
Abby: Well, I wuv you, Teresa.
Me: I love you, too, Abby.

No comments: