Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Fireflies" -Mary

I was eating ice cream around a grassy area in Princeton, New Jersey. Little sparks of blazing light flashed across the area.

"What's that?" I asked.

Then I went to the grassy area.

"Fireflies!" I yelled, trying to catch one.

This sight was amazing! I had to try catching one. Then Felipe caught one and showed it to us. I was excited to see one. Fireflies are beautiful, blazing creatures! I walked down the street with Kendra, my sisters and my mom. We could still see fireflies. I caught one, and then my mom took a picture. It was a beautiful sight! I had never seen one in my life, not one. I had seen them in books, but not in real life. This beauty is amazing. Fireflies are big and easy to catch. These bugs are interesting to watch and discover. I never thought I would see these amazing creatures in my life. It was an amazing discovery for me!


Mom's Note: This is exactly as Mary wrote it in her diary the next morning. Thanks, Mrs. Lomas! :)

4 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

That is so sweet! She is remembering the fireflies book we read in class. Glad she got to see them in real life...I never have! Miss that girl!

Paige Lomas said...

That is so sweet! She is remembering the fireflies book we read in class. Glad she got to see them in real life...I never have! Miss that girl!

Sarri said...

Ah, so awesome! I want to play with fireflies too!

Unknown said...

Great story Mary! You are right, that is EXACTLY what happened...from now on, whenever I see fireflies in Princeton I will always think of the Denney girls and all of the fun we had together!