Thursday, November 5, 2009

Philadelphia


I arrived without any difficulties in Philadelphia, proud of myself for getting all the way across the country, spending the night in the hotel and meeting the tour group. We spent several hours (of a very warm, humid morning!) exploring Independence Hall and the Constitution Center. It was amazing to be in the rooms where our forefathers discussed, debated, wrote and signed The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. The Liberty Bell is impressive up close, and there was an added bonus of an exhibit of Princess Diana's memorabilia which included her wedding dress, jewelry, many ball gowns and outfits and some personal artifacts of hers. Mom, Diana and I skipped the gift shop and sped through. Beautiful! That afternoon: the bus ride to New York City! What an adventure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...we are only 1 hour from Philly! Wish we would have known.

Paige Lomas said...

Have I told you that I love Princess Diana and I love that you love her too! Soooo cool. When I was in NYC I visited the Met during Easter and there was a huge Faberge egg exhibit...I was in there for many hours.