Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Three Totally Unrelated Things

Thing One:
Here are my sweet girls at ballet class yesterday. I love it all: leotards with panties hanging out, "ballet buns", not knowing right from left and having your best friends in class with you. Plus, the room where they have class is beautiful!



Thing Two:
Mary's quote of the day. Steve went to Winco after the girls had gone to bed last night. Mary walked in to the kitchen this morning and found a bunch of big, beautiful bananas on the counter next to the fruit bowl. Her reaction: "Wow, this is a freakishly large banana. Can I eat it?" Freakishly large?? Who says that? Oh yeah, I think it's Allison. Pretty funny coming out of a five year old's mouth, though!

Thing Three:
I love the first day of school. I love school period. Sunday night I was trying to figure out how many first days of school I've had. It's a lot. 13 as a student. A few really memorable (Scotland, Linfield) and all really exciting. 18 first days have been from the other side of the classroom. They all blend together but were really exciting. And yesterday, another first day of school for me. My first day as Linfield College instructor. Just me and my six students. "A proper lecturer" as my Scottish friend Debbie says. Before hand I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up or pass out. Turns out I was just holding my breath. Once I started breathing regularly I felt much better. The verdict?? I loved it! I get to talk about school for an hour and twenty minutes with a captive audience. And, they're just kids! My favorite question of the day was, "Do we have to turn this in?" What was I worried about? I had just the right amount of stuff planned, and it all went really smoothly. What a rush!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Pretty Ballerinas. I remember when I got my first Tutu -don't picture me in one now!!
Love you all,
Aunt Carolyn

Kendra said...

Love your ballerina girls! How great that your first day of class went well! I knew it was coming up soon. I want to hear more details soon. xoxoxo K